Monday, January 5, 2009

Gratitude January 5, 2009

I'm grateful to live in a town that has several active square dancing clubs. Sarah and I took our first lesson tonight and had a whole lot of fun. Friends Jon, Vina, Linda, Gregory, and Pat from Coastwalk were there, too. I'm grateful to live in a town where people know each other.

I'm grateful for my 28 five-and-six-year-old friends. We had a nice time today, the first day back at school.

I'm grateful that daughter Elizabeth checks in by phone daily, even though it seems we're never home when she calls. She left a message while we were at the dance lesson.

I'm grateful for music. As I write this, I am listening to Ella Fitzgerald sing "Bewitched."

I'm grateful for the bellyful of baked spaghetti that I made for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I used to square dance! Stopped just because I wanted to do something else. NOT because my children laughed at me and my 'funny dress'!
So:
1. My children who keep me looking at life from a different viewpoint(s)
2. Carpentry tools. That challenge me to learn, and assist me to create.
3. Hazel, 80-something. Who shared her good idea for a joint Christmas gift of a trailer jockey wheel for Pauline (her daughter, my friend), and gave me such pleasure by asking me to help her get it.

Mr. Kinder said...

That's great. We noticed more smiles in the room of square dancing than we can ever remember seeing.

Children sometimes seem like they're born to raise their parents. Mine definitely helped me see life from new viewpoints.

One of my best friends is 80 something, too!