Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gratitude January 20, 2009

I'm grateful for so many things today.

Walter, Marc, Eve, and Mischa who came over tonight to discuss Chapter 16 of the Dhammapada. You are such fine friends. I feel blessed with enormous good fortune to have you in my life. And also to Debra, Richard N., Louise, Christian, Sue, Richard R. and Roger who couldn't make it tonight. I missed each one of you.

A new president who inspires America to hope instead of inciting it to fear.

All my teachers, but especially Jim Wilson.

4 comments:

Delwyn said...

Hello Dan

#1 in my gratitude list tonight is my breakfast muesli - I make with nuts, seeds and grains and eat with pawpaw (papaya to you)and homemade yogurt

#2 for a pot of earl grey tea - I have a number per day

#3 I am grateful for the family of ducks who cross to my side of the river each day and give me such pleasure

Mr. Kinder said...

Hi, Delwyn,

You got me thinking about food, so my January 21 post is about one part of my food for which I feel particularly and immediately grateful.

I've posted about my gratitude for tea before. I'm on a Pu-erh tea jag right now. MMMMmmmm.

Delwyn said...

I do have some lovely green tea purchased in Kyoto when I was there recently that I am very partial to. What is Pu-erh tea?

Mr. Kinder said...

Pu-erh tea is an aged tea with a unique musty, earthy aroma and flavor. It was, for me, an acquired taste, but now I love it. Here's more information on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea