Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gratitude January 21, 2009

I'm grateful to all the people at Zojirushi in Japan who were involved in the invention, manufacture, and distribution of my rice cooker. This machine has faithfully and reliably made uncounted servings of rice for me and my wife over the years.

When the rice is cooked to perfection it plays a jaunty little tune and then keeps the rice warm and ready to eat until the rest of whatever we might have for dinner is ready. It never fails to make the rice as perfect as rice gets.

I'm also grateful to all the people involved in growing the rice I cook, mostly organic rice from Lundberg farms in California.

I'm grateful to all the many people who put food within my easy reach.

2 comments:

Delwyn said...

Today I have been thinking about little things like pegs, and my Japanese compact folding laundry frame that is such a space saver.

I spoke to my 79 year old mother in Christchurch and am thankful that my Mum and Dad are still coping by themselves and my Dad still manages his huge vege garden.

They have a neighbour, Murray, who goes way beyond the call of neighbourly duty to keep an eye on them and share his cooking with them. Murray you are a gem. Thankyou.

Mr. Kinder said...

You are very lucky to have a mom and dad still with you, still fending for themselves. Love 'em. Love Murray, too. I'm sure you do. All are true blessings.