Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feb. 15 Gratitude

This evening I am grateful for 6 things:

  • Rain, enough rain, finally, to begin to run in creeks and streams—the first real rain of the rainy season, two months overdue;
  • Books to read by the cozy fireplace as it rains hard outside;
  • A computer and the internet to link me to friends around the world;
  • A widget that displays a constantly updated realtime image of the earth as it would appear from the moon;
  • My wife for her company, and my adult children for their wonderfulness;
  • Tea to warm the body and waken the mind.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Good. Rain for you and rain for me.
I have 14 things for which I am grateful today:

The friendly company of 14 souls just met today who will accompany me for the next two years - 37 weeks in each year, four days a week, six hours a day. Because today was the first day of my study towards my Diploma in Fine Art.

Sarah Lulu said...

I am also grateful for

..the rain that spills all over the grass in my garden.

..my 18 year old son who gives me such good company in the evenings.

..my internet connection and my laptop which brings the world right to my armchair.

..my car that gets me safely up the mountain from the office.

..my new life ...unfolding ...more and more unfolding.

Mr. Kinder said...

Katherine, I hope you'll put up posts on your blog describing your new venture in the world of art. I'm excited for you and your new beginnings.

Mr. Kinder said...

Sarah Lulu,

Raining in Australia, California, and in Togo, Africa, where my son is. All thirsty places. So good.

Alden said...

Ah now Dan - I am very very interested in your widget - if there is one thing that I think is absolutely 'awesome' (yes a very overworked word) it is photographs of our planet from space - so where can I get this said widget my friend???

Mr. Kinder said...

Alden, do you use a Macintosh? It's one of the readily available widgets for the dashboard. If you're on a PC, try this link:

http://www.jbarmanet.com/en/index.php

Good luck! I know you'll like it.