Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feb. 24, 2009: Miscellaneous

This evening, I feel grateful for so many things. These three appeared first, so first come, first served:

  • The Sutra Salon book club group. We're reading the Flower Ornament Scripture and all of us seem to have been touched by its exuberant beauty!
  • While I was at the meeting Sarah went to the local grocer and came home with everything that was on the list and something that wasn't, namely a pint of ice cream, Ben and Jerry's Phish Food, to be precise. If ice cream can taste better than Phish Food, I can't imagine how. (It's so rich two teaspoons are plenty!)
  • Miguel, at school this morning telling me that I had appeared in his happy dream last night. He told me I was singing my song, Deeply Beautiful, with a voice loud and clear with everyone singing along. Knowing that you appear in your students dreams singing is very reassuring, let me tell you.

4 comments:

Delwyn said...

How wonderful to feature as a happy minstrel in a child's dream - you must be having a powerful effect on the children in your class.

We have been overdoing the choc soy icecream lately so we are on an icecream free week, however we can revel in the lime choc little tarts I bought for our special dinner tonight.

And that can be # 1 today - all the delicious goodies I bought for dinner. Salmon and prawn patties to start with, a fetta tomato and cucumber salad , crunchy fresh bread and raspberry yogurt to go with the tarts...Oh Happy Days....

# 2 on this anniversary has to be my long suffering husband who has endured 37 years of me and my foibles...

and lastly I am grateful for my own endurance - to keep working on and valuing our marriage so that we can now celebrate its longevity.

Butler and Bagman said...

I like your blogs. They are short but grab the essence of small important gratitude-causing moments in a day.

Mr. Kinder said...

Delwyn, Again, congratulations to you and your husband!

Mr. Kinder said...

Butler and Bagman, Thanks for your appreciation. Posts are short because I'm so busy. I want to keep computer time to in proportion to time at the gym...that's a goal, not an accomplishment.