Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gratitude Feb. 20, 2009: Sunrise, Sunset

This post comes in on Saturday morning, twelve hours behind schedule.

Last night I went with the Mayor to a party to honor our retiring City Manager, Dave Brennan. He's done a wonderful job for our city. A large gathering of former city officials came to wish him well in his golden years.

I was thinking about the Gratitude blog and snapped a photo at sunrise and at sunset from our east facing living room window:

The view at dawn, February 20, 2009


Same view at dusk, about 11 hours later.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Lovely! What a very pleasant view you have from your window, Dan.
There is a blog I follow that posts a photo every day from the same window. Sun and steeple, it's called. My children think it's boring but I find it fascinating to watch the changing seasons etc... It is however, an inner-city view...

BTW, have you seen this? http://eirikso.com/2005/12/16/the-video-of-the-seasons-in-norway/

Delwyn said...

You are lucky to have that view to look at each day Dan.

I am also very grateful for my river outlook 3x over today.

Mr. Kinder said...

Katherine, thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that one, but similar ones I have seen. Quite amazing, it seems like the earth breathes.

Delwyn, anyone with a pleasant view is lucky, and luckier still are people with a grateful point of view, yes?