Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gratitude

Gratitudes:

1. My Dharma Friends group for their companionship in the Dharma;

2. George Carlin for observing the impossibility of achieving peaceful ends with military means in this observation:
"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?"
3. Rice, celery and onions. They fed me tonight.

(I've noticed that since starting this gratitude practice my appreciation, gratitude, and plain awareness of plants has sharpened. Plants seem so obviously the wisest, most generous, and noblest form of life.)

1 comment:

Delwyn said...

I thought of you yesterday when I was appreciating the wonder of a plant and decided I much prefer plants to animals too.

Thanks are forthcoming for

sourdough bread

for possums that go bump on the tin roof in the night and give me a funny sort of pleasure

and for the NZ novelist/poet Janet Frame.

Have a happy night Dan
Delwyn