Monday, April 27, 2009

Gratitude: My Work

Yes, even in California we can have cloudy weather.


Today I was feeling grateful for

  • My work as a teacher. Some of the students wrote "newspapers" in the writing center. I took pictures and posted them over on the Mr. Kindergarten blog. Here's one of the pages. This was spontaneous. The pride the students was infectious, but it filled me with joy.
  • Staying completely unruffled when my van didn't start this morning. I haven't driven it in about 2 weeks and the battery's too old to gracefully accept so much neglect and disuse. I've got jumper cables, so it's really not worth getting all lathered up about it.
  • A remark I overheard in the lunchroom, "I'm not worried about swine flu. More people die of diarrhea every day." If you're going to go out and catch something, catch some kindness and some fearlessness, O.K?

5 comments:

Delwyn said...

Hi Dan

well that does sound as if some Mr K's wisdom is rubbing off on others...

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who has lost all followers.

Delwyn said...

Delwyn's gratitude on Tues 28th...

for the wonderful National Park where I had yet another long walk

for the eucalyptus gums and their beauty

and for good friends sharing ideas that add to my life

Sarah Lulu said...

Oh Dan ...." If you're going to go out and catch something, catch some kindness and some fearlessness, O.K?" ...magic ..I loved it.

And I'm so happy you are in my life.

Dan Gurney said...

Delwyn, Lost all followers? I'm guessing that you're referring to a glitch in blogspot that's been resolved?

Dan Gurney said...

Sarah Lulu, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You seem to be cultivating fearlessness especially it aspect of learning to trust the universe to provide for you.