Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mendocino Getaway

I am grateful to be able to get away for a little rest and relaxation from time to time.



Mendocino coastline


We rented a cozy cottage with a little gas fireplace at Sea Rock Inn.


This blossom eavesdropped on our dinner conversation.




Other cabins nearby were empty. This is the view from our cabin's front porch.


Often there is fog on the coast of Northern California.
Thursday we were treated to a real sunset.



The fireplace kept us warm.
I bought a copy of Mary Oliver's new book of poems, Evidence.



The Bishop Pine that inspired me to write a poem.
This was right across from our inn.
I sat here for about an hour after a wonderful breakfast.



We hiked in Van Damme park's Fern Canyon Friday morning.

6 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

Ohhhh how lovely. Loved the view from your cabin so much...very restful.

Thank you so much for sharing it.

AND yes Dan I have seen that movie ...!!!

It only added to my resolve, when I saw it months ago ...but now I'm actually DOING it.

Delwyn said...

Dan, this looks like a perfect relaxation spot to rest and recuperate. I hope that you feel rested after your break. The hike looks good...

Delwyn said...

I have a bit of catching up to do on the gratitude postings altho' have been feeling very thankful:

for all those good and generous bloggers to whom I gave my awards

for another day to climb up the steps to the water tanks and back home around Little Cove

for a paddle yesterday after a break while it has been so rainy...

and for my dear mate

Dan Gurney said...

Sarah Lulu,

Part of the inspiration to take some time off was reading your blog about your adventures in R & R

Dan Gurney said...

Delwyn,

Yes, it's a great spot. We hope to go back. I'm glad you're back to your gratitudes.

Sarah Lulu said...

Wow really Dan? I'm so happy you did take a break..and I hope your good health returns to you.