Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Venus, Birthdays, and Love

Acacia blossoms as they looked about a month ago...they're almost gone now.


Tonight's gratitudes go to:

Crescent Venus which has appeared in the morning sky just before dawn. When these blossoms were out less than a month ago, Venus was in the evening sky. Look for it just before dawn rising in front of the sun.

Brad and his 60th birthday party in his backyard. It was good to see friends and neighbors over pizza and cake in honor of his milestone...

And the Love Choir after. Newbies Brenda and Marc came along with me and we sang our hearts in.

4 comments:

Delwyn said...

I liked that you sang your hearts in...

I am very glad that I managed a walk before the rain which hasn't let up all day.

I am also glad that my husband said not to worry about doing the book work today if I didn't feel like it,

and I'm glad I have a pumkin to make soup from for dinner and I don't need to go out in the rain.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi Delwyn,

Thanks for being a regular here. Singing does seem to make us aware of our heart's intelligence, thus, we bring our hearts into our awareness. But singing also brings our hearts out into the world, so singing your heart out makes good sense, too.

Sarah Lulu said...

Wattle as we call it is everywhere ...here up in the mountains.

But not now ...National Australia Wattle Day is September 1.

I'm so grateful for a 4 day weekend and seeing my beautiful daughter.

Dan Gurney said...

Sarah Lulu, Thank you for educating me. I had not known Acacia trees (Wattles, as you call them) were native to Australia, nor that you had a day to celebrate them. I am quite fond of them because they're out so early in the spring and emerge around my wife's birthday in these parts. Wattles grow quite happily here in California as well as your eucalyptus trees.