Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Weekend of Walking

Saturday I joined 25 hikers from Northbay to Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore. You can see 17 more photos of this) hike HERE. (Photos of the 2007 edition of the same hike.)


Sunday we rode the Larkspur Ferry to San Francisco with Richard and Brenda. First stop off the boat was a stroll around, under, and through the waters at Justin Herman Plaza.


We continued on through the financial district, beneath the TransAmerica tower.



We encountered a funeral procession in Chinatown.



We walked up Lombard Street.



We discovered little alleyways none of us had entered before.



Views of the Bay and the sailboats seemed to pop up at every turn.



The Marina.
Brenda liked this motor yacht, The Lucky Irish.




If we only had more time...the trail goes to Mexico.
Richard has done the "whole hike" from Oregon to Mexico, 1200+ miles.
He devoted years to getting the California Coastal Trail built.




We walked all the way to the Cliff House.
We rode the bus back to the Ferry Building.
10.5 miles in all.


7 comments:

steven said...

hi dan, that's a beautiful trail. i've read a book once about an edn-toend on it. whenever i see lombard street i think "wouldn't cities be extraordinary places if all streets wer organized like that?! gardens with flowers and vegetables, no straight lines . . . . . " thanks for sharing this. i'm going to nip over now to see the rest of the pics from your last walk. have a peaceful evening. steven

Alden Smith said...

Great photos Dan, I really enjoyed looking at them, I think I prefer the yacht in the foreground rather than the Lucky Irish motorboat, but I am a sailing man at heart. :-)

Delwyn said...

Hi Dan

what a full weekend of walking you had....the hike I would love...

Happy days

Dan Gurney said...

Alden, I'm totally with you. I found a collection of photos on the web of my mail sailing venue, Tomales Bay. Here's the link if you want to see what it looks like, sailing round here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13773848@N02/sets/72157606241436170/

Dan Gurney said...

Delwyn, you were with us in spirit. You're such a walking person/blogger. I thought of you every time I passed a flower or plant or bird of interest.

richard nichols said...

Brenda didn't really like the $5 mil luxury boat, but since she a a native of Dublin, she likes the boat's name.

Also. I somehow got linked to Delwyn's blog, don't know how, but I enjoyed your good stuff.

Rachel said...

What a fantastic day! Finding your blog feels like a gift.