Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Every Loving Thought is True

One of the members of our group, Marc, shared this last night at our meeting. I wanted to share it here. It is from "A Course in Miracles," which is said to be a channeled text, supposedly dictated by the voice of Jesus. It has quite a following. The voice is male-centered—lots of "brother" but not a single "sister" for example and no female pronouns. It contains some blindingly bright, compassionate, and forgiving passages. This is from Chapter 12, "The Holy Spirit's Curriculum," in the first section, which is entitled, "The Judgment of the Holy Spirit." 
  
"There is but one interpretation of motivation that makes any sense....  Every loving thought is true. Everything else is an appeal for help and healing, regardless of the form it takes.
. . .
Only appreciation is an appropriate response. . . . Gratitude is due for both loving thoughts and appeals for help, for both are capable of bringing love into your awareness if you perceive them truly. And all your sense of strain comes from your attempts not to do just this."

Every loving thought is true. Everything else is an appeal for help and healing. Wow. Thanks for sharing, Marc!

11 comments:

Bonnie, Original Art Studio said...

So true. All unskillful acts (even the horrid ones) are calls for help, stemming from confusion and pain. Sometimes hard to wrap our conditionned minds around this...but it certainly changes our relationship to the world when we do.

Lovely thoughts with which to start a new year Dan.

The Pollinatrix said...

This is exactly what I've been contemplating via the book, The Way of the Beloved.

I studied A Course in Miracles deeply for a couple of years and completed the workbook, but ultimately moved into a more conventional form of Christianity as my life path.

I still, however, very much appreciate the Course's profound, "blindingly bright" insights. My favorite statement is "Only infinite patience produces immediate results."

Bonnie, Original Art Studio said...

Dan, I meant to answer your question about the Channing quote on my blog. It has been there since mid-summer.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Bonnie. Yes. I agree. When we frame unskillful acts as calls for help, the world looks much more manageable, doesn't it?

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Pollinatrix,

I haven't studies the CIM, and probably won't because I would have trouble with the voice that excludes the feminine, but oh well.

I'm glad, as a person who was raised in the Christian tradition, that I have among my readers practicing Christians. I personally don't feel that I'm a great fit in any of the monotheistic religions, but if I had to join one it would be the Quakers. That's a whole nuther story.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Bonnie, about Channing, boy, aren't I observant!

Jenny Stevning said...

I do so enjoy your juicy new blog background! Orange!! It highlights the gentle snow. I love it!!
That is a powerful statement. I am going to sit with that one tomorrow morning.
Thank you!!

jinksy said...

The tone of this strikes me as very similar to writings that I have channelled myself, long before I'd read any others which might have influenced my subconscious. But mine often spoke of something called 'sistermind' and 'mindlink' and also told me that he/she or male/female were words which were interchangeable. You are welcome to email me direct, if you'd be interested in some examples? Email button is on my profile page...

Bagman and Butler said...

Ah, yes...the Course on Miracles. I remember it as changing my life for awhile. But I didn't finish it or follow through. Flowed on to something else.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Jenny—

I'm glad you like it. I'm experimenting with different colors. I'd read on my brother's blog about Goethe's views in regard to color and decided to try warmer colors apart from the cool greens and blues to which I tend.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Mark—

You got farther than I ever did. My friend, the other Marc, gave me my first intro the the CIM on Tuesday.