Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where Science and Buddhism Meet



If you should have 20 minutes or so to watch some video, I recommend linking over to Stream Source's blog (there's a link in the "Blogs I Read" list) and watch parts 1 and 2 of this video.

Maybe because my father worked for Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and JPL with the top physicists of his day, I find this sort of inquiry absolutely fascinating.

If you would be delighted to ponder how what Buddha taught 2500 years ago and what quantum physics have in common, then go over there and watch... LINK to Part One

7 comments:

Dave King said...

Fascinating post. Hope to follow your link later today. Many thanks for.

Stream Source said...

Thanks for your generous gesture, Dan. But please feel free to post the video clips on your page... I think they are so valuable, I wouldn't want a few extra clicks to get in the way of sharing this experience.

All the best~

Stream Source said...

... forgot the most important part: that's one very cool dad!!! Is he still with us? What would or does he think of this today?

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Dave--

Yes, if you think you might be interested in the topic, the video will be worth the visit. Hey, I like your Haiku of late... I notice you're observant of the 5-7-5 form.

Dan Gurney said...

Thank you Stream Source. I thought of doing that, posting them here. You're probably right, they'd get more views if I do that, so maybe I will.

In regard to my dad--he died in April of 2001. He found it hard, in his profession, to find interesting work that wasn't related to building sophisticated weapons of mass destruction. That's a whole lot of what engineers seem to do these days. His example helped me steer entirely clear of "technology" fields. I chose teaching. But you wouldn't believe how many of my little boys want to grow up to be soldiers. What a world we live in!!

Barry said...

Sounds fascinating, Dan. I'm off to watch the video right away.

Dan Gurney said...

I hope you enjoy it, Barry.