Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pubbing It in Ireland

Here's a small taste of the late night musical magic we enjoyed in Ireland last week.

My nephew, Dan Gurney, is playing the accordion and his friend, Dylan Foley, is playing the fiddle. They're the young musicians nearest my camera  with their backs turned to me. Dylan and Dan are both from New York but are among the best Irish musicians in the world. The other players in this session are masters of the tradition.


This was Thursday night's session that went till about 1:30 in the morning.





The next night's festivities lasted until God knows how long, but very late. It included some fancy dancing by Nathan from Canada.

6 comments:

steven said...

dan - so fun!!! it takes me back a few weeks to a ceilidh i attended. a room jam-packed to the rafters with loud, boisterous, singing along, clapping, foot stomping people - and then there were the musicians!!! thanks for sharing these. steven

Paul C said...

What a rousing jam session! Most delightful.

Delwyn said...

Hi Dan

It is nice to hear from you again...my that makes you want to dance...
I hope your Irish jaunt was a great one...

Happy days

The Pollinatrix said...

WOW! So awesome. Thank you for sharing this.

Dan Gurney said...

steven, Paul, and Delwyn,

Thanks for commenting. Yes, it was a lot of fun to visit Ireland. My wife and I enjoyed our time with family. Now we're back to school and campaigning.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Polli-- You're welcome!