Friday, March 18, 2011

I'll Bet You Like This

Readers of Mindful Heart are well aware of my increasing fondness for the ukulele. I know the ukulele to be a simple and humble instrument perfect to put into the hands of young children who want to make their first music. That's what I'm doing every day at work.

It's also a great instrument for groups of amateurs to play together. I spend most Thursday evenings playing with friends. That's what I did last night. We get high just singing.

But the ukulele can be even more than that.

She has a wild, exotic side as well.

Grab a pair of headphones. Set aside six minutes.

You won't want to be interrupted:

12 comments:

Brenda said...

I loved it!

Reya Mellicker said...

DEEPLY cool!

Dan Gurney said...

Brenda, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Dan Gurney said...

Reya, I think so, too. Taimone's not all that old, about 20, and she's really got some charisma. You can see her at age 13 on my Mr. Kindergarten post for March 19

Margaret Pangert said...

Music and dancing so sensuous! I thought of the tango, but then I remembered the Alphabet Dance: the rhythm is what matters. Taimone is so exotic yet graceful. Love the added touch of the ruby in her Third Eye! Thanks, Dan--mesmerizing!

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Margaret. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was impressed by the whole performance. Playing a little bit of ukulele, I was amazed by how skillful her playing

Tess Kincaid said...

Carmen is always hot! I want that hat!

Sabio Lantz said...

Wow !

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Tess. I'll bet you find a hat like that one. I'd like her uke.

Dan Gurney said...

Sabio, she's pretty great, huh? She's only about 20 and already an accomplished performer. What a Waldorf education can do.

Jo said...

What style, what charisma, what talent! Combining Bach, Bizet, and Webber is genius.

Brava, Taimane! Standing O!

Dan Gurney said...

Jo, I wonder if she had help putting the music together. Great performance on the ukulele, though, that's for sure.