Saturday, July 23, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days

Regular Mindful Heart readers already know that I am fond of home made music—especially singing accompanied by ukuleles. Most of the music that you'll hear at my house or in my classroom is exactly that.

This afternoon I discovered a young woman who goes by the name Miss Sophie Madeleine. She has undertaken the task of recording 30 songs in 30 days and posting them on YouTube. As of today, July 23, she's nearing the end of her project.

She's got good pipes. Her ukulele skills are up to the task, nothing extraordinary, but ordinariness adds to her charm. I get that feeling, "If she can do it, so can I."

Here are two of the YouTube videos she put up, "Dream a Little Dream of Me."



Here is the first, "One Fine Day." Through the magic of technology, she plays ukulele, a kid's xylophone, tambourine, kazoo, not to mention singing two harmonies behind the melody. A production like that would take some time, believe me. Very impressive, Sophie Madeleine.

I must say it's a whole lot of fun to make music with friends. And a whole lot easier, too.





This link will take you to her page where you can see more videos in this series:


http://sophiemadeleine.com/30days.html

2 comments:

Sabio Lantz said...

Wow, fun! I will be showing my daughter this. The instruments may be cheap, but the microphones look costly!

Teresa Evangeline said...

What fun! Thanks so much for this. It's amazing what can be done by one person with a few basic instruments, even children's instruments! she's good. I really like her voice. It's uncomplicated and sincere.